Today is Easter Monday and we are enjoying a car club run on what has turned out to be a cool and sunny Autumn day, perfect sports car weather in fact.We wended our way along through the countryside and by the Tamar River , ending up at a cafe for a late morning tea, a very pleasant way to spend a morning.

Travelling in an open topped car has a definite influence on my choice of outfit , comfortable and warm is always the order of the day, and always a hat that covers my ears.
Today’s outfit is an Autumn rehash of one I wore in the Summer, my Moyuru wide pants with cotton leggings underneath, a long sleeve black Tee and my cream leather jacket from Caroline Moore and a wool turban from Helen Kaminski to keep my ears warm.

Posing with John’s Mazda MX5 , that up to now I have been hesitant to drive as it is a manual gear change and even though I can drive a manual it has been a while and to be quite honest I probably have become too comfortable driving an automatic, am I lazy or just lacking confidence, time will tell . I am determined to change this and step out of my comfort zone.

Taking my Autumn rehash to join

Patti at Visible Monday

and

Jess for Turning Heads Tuesday

Share:

23 Comments

1. Tiina L
    April 6, 2015 / 8:39 am

A stylish, relaxed look for a road trip… Have a wonderful week!

2. Jill James
    April 6, 2015 / 8:57 am

Thankyou Tiina, it was a pleasant drive. I hope you have enjoyed Easter.

3. Patti
    April 6, 2015 / 12:49 pm

What a chic driving look! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

• Jill James
      April 7, 2015 / 10:22 am

Thank you Patti, I always enjoy Visible Monday. many thanks for hosting.

4. Anonymous
    April 6, 2015 / 2:02 pm

Love that jacket Jill and I bet driving that standard transmission all came back to you just fine. In heavy traffic they can be a pain in the leg!

• Jill James
      April 7, 2015 / 10:25 am

Slowly but surely on the manual driving front, fortunately traffic here is never what you would call heavy , so the clutch foot will be fine.

5. diaryofapennypincher
    April 6, 2015 / 3:40 pm

Another effortlessly stylish yet comfy outfit, perfect for driving! Hope you've got back into the swing of manual transmission!

• Jill James
      April 7, 2015 / 10:26 am

Thank you so much for your always kind comments, they mean so much to me.

6. Sydney Fashion Hunter
    April 6, 2015 / 9:19 pm

Fabulous jacket! Found your blog through Elegantly Dressed Stylish. I host a link up every Wednesday (still live) so stop by if you get a chance.http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

• Jill James
      April 7, 2015 / 10:27 am

Thankyou, always good to hear from another Aussie blogger.

7. Lisa
    April 7, 2015 / 5:24 am

You look amazing and stylish as always. Love that necklace.

• Jill James
      April 7, 2015 / 10:28 am

Thankyou Lisa, the necklace has been a favourite for quite some time.

8. Olga Rani
    April 7, 2015 / 6:20 am

Very cool look, Jill! You always manage to combine comfortable yet stylish looks! Love the necklace, quite a statement piece.

• Jill James
      April 7, 2015 / 10:30 am

Thankyou Olga for your kind comments , I always appreciate them.

9. Natalia Lialina
    April 7, 2015 / 5:41 pm

Love this cool look – I bet you turned some heads, Jill! Love how sculptural your outfits are, from the style of your beloved pants to the awesome turban and jewelry. I so want to experiment more when I see your outfits.When we first met, Justin had a pretty blue Firebird and offered me to drive it … but I couldn't care less. For whatever reason, cars just never interested me. But it's changing! Today, I would definitely give it a go. But we don't have it now. :))

• Jill James
      April 9, 2015 / 5:34 am

Shame about the Firebird, I can see you in a pretty blue car. Thank you for your always well thought comments, I am enjoying playing with different shapes these days and seeing what eventuates.Enjoy your Spring, dear Natalia.

10. Jessica Jannenga
    April 7, 2015 / 7:45 pm

I commented several times, but I am gonna say, Love this style!Thanks for linking up to Turning Head Tuesday!jess xxwww.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

• Jill James
      April 9, 2015 / 5:35 am

Thankyou, Jess for your kind comments and also for hosting Turning Heads Tuesday.

11. Marea Dotz
    April 7, 2015 / 7:48 pm

I say, "Go for it, Girl". I drive a little stick green Miata and love it! Intrigued by your wide pants and leggings–very comfortable-looking, but very chic, as well. Has given me some ideas.

• Jill James
      April 9, 2015 / 5:37 am

Thank you for your encouragement on the driving issue, they are a great little car , I am sure we will get on well.Glad you liked the outfit, I am keen to see what your recent Japanese purchases will reveal.

12. kaffesoester
    April 9, 2015 / 12:40 pm

What a great outfit! The jacket is just my style, if I could find one 🙂 The necklace looks very interesting, is there a close up somewhere? I just found your blog via Not Dead Yet Style blog, and I look forward to exploring your older posts. From the little I've seen, you have great style, and some very interesting jewellery!

13. Jill James
    April 9, 2015 / 11:48 pm

Thank you for visiting my blog, that is what I enjoy from the link ups a chance to discover others that you haven,t seen before. The jacket is an old one that has become a great neutral for the in between seasons ,we are now in Autumn here in Australia. Once again thankyou for visiting I am very pleased to meet you.

14. dan
    April 13, 2015 / 7:22 am

I can't imagine how driving an automatic car could be! They are not common in Italy…your car is very nice, and I can see you driving it under an autumnal sun…great style, dear! 🙂