I love wearing black

Boring,predictable…..I know

BUT

Black is me, I always feel good in black.

Always a mix of fabrics, adding varying texture.

Black and Pearls

(real or not…..no matter)

Always good together.

Bracelet     Birthday Gift

Necklace   So Yang

Sunglasses  Chanel

These are the shoes I was wearing

They are made by Tilly Rose

Some days for me, only black

Linking up with Patti’s Visible Monday

and

Tres Style Bits

at Searching The Inner Me

Glamour,my way, everyday.

Share:

16 Comments

1. Glenda Fromfashionphases
    February 10, 2014 / 4:53 am

Love your outfit, especially the pearls accessories and the adorable shoes 🙂 xoxowww.fashionphases.com

• Jill James
      February 11, 2014 / 9:03 pm

Thankyou Glenda, glad you liked it. Jill x

2. Patti
    February 10, 2014 / 2:08 pm

I love wearing black too – most days, in fact! You look fab, and thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

• Jill James
      February 11, 2014 / 9:05 pm

Thanks Patti, always enjoy Visible Monday. Jill x

3. Val S
    February 10, 2014 / 3:17 pm

I remember the first time I dressed all in black – it felt different, and I liked it. Mixing up textures, like you do, is the way to make it not be boring or predictable. And the pearls look gorgeous!

• Jill James
      February 11, 2014 / 9:08 pm

Thank you Val, for visiting . Jill X

4. Jan Graham-McMillen
    February 11, 2014 / 6:17 pm

Glamour is right. You haz it! Great outfit, and it takes a grown up woman to wear it with this kind of aplomb!I love black. And I wear it a lot, especially this time of year. It's not just black, though… I love deep, dark fully saturated colors too. The only thing I don't care for about springtime is the pressure to start wearing a lot of bright color. Yet, I find myself seduced by brights. On a recent VERY early morning outing (after only a few hours of sleep) I grabbed all black to wear. I caught sight of myself in a store mirror and saw a gray faced hag! I bought a scarf with some flattering color at the very same store and looked better immediately. My lesson is that a good nights sleep is mandatory at my age, and maybe a little more care with how I put my black together! I won't stop, though.

• Jill James
      February 11, 2014 / 9:16 pm

Thank you Jan, for your generous comments, You"re right about Spring colours, as its summer here, I have several bright colours in the wardrobe, that I was seduced by last Spring but only worn once or twice. I have to be in the mood for colour. A good nights sleep certainly makes a difference, doesnt it. , I just wish it would happen more often for me. Jill xx

5. Anonymous
    February 12, 2014 / 1:01 am

It is not boring! It is classic. You can never go wrong with being classy. And I covet your Chanel sunnies.

6. Jill James
    February 12, 2014 / 9:03 am

Classic.. must remember that. Thank you. Jill

7. Suzanne Carillo Style Files
    February 12, 2014 / 4:02 pm

The necklace makes it work for me. I'm a colour slut and need it to make me feel alive. Wearing the black with the fabulous accessories is wonderful since the black is a blank canvas and the jewellery really pops adding much needed sparkle to the outfit. Great styling! Makes me think I shouldn't be so against wearing black.bisousSuzanne

• Jill James
      February 13, 2014 / 4:41 am

Suzanne, you always wear colour so well, whatever makes are hearts sing is good for me. Thank you. Jill

8. Seeker
    February 12, 2014 / 8:33 pm

You look so elegant! I prefer colour, but I'm also a big fan of black.The pearls are such a great detail!!Thank you so much for linking with Très Chic Style Bitsxoxo

9. Jill James
    February 13, 2014 / 4:42 am

Thanks Seeker, will visit Tres Style Bits again soon. Jill

10. Tamera Beardsley
    February 13, 2014 / 3:54 pm

Jill I love how your blog is looking … as well as your beautiful outfit! I have big love for pearls myself!Kudos to you my dear!

11. Jill James